Male Reproductive System.
Click here for 6 FANTASTIC labelled, A4, instantly dowloadable Male reproductive Anatomy Diagrams.
Male Reproductive System Facts:
The role of the male reproductive system (MRS) is:
Semen and Sperm:
- to produce sperm
- to discharge sperm into a woman’s vagina during sex
- to produce sex hormones which maintain the male reproductive organs.
Discover Guaranteed Natural Methods To Overcome Male Infertility - Find Out What Really Works
Reproductive System diseases, or Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
- About one teaspoon of semen is produced during ejaculation.
- Semen is the milky substance which contains around 2 to 3% of sperm, the rest of which is seminal fluid which is the vehicle for sperm entering the vagina.
- Each ejaculation normally contains between 200 and 500 million sperm.
- The sperm is the smallest cell in the human body.
- Men’s bodies will continue to produce sperm as long as there is even just one normal testicle.
Male Reproductive System Disorders: (testicular dysgeness syndrome).
- STDs are potentially serious and always need to be treated. It is important to learn how to protect yourself from them.
- These diseases can be passed on to another person during any sexual activity which involves the penis, vagina, mouth or anus.
- In the US one in four adolescents come infected every year.
Facts about the prostate:
- These disorders can manifest themselves first at birth, with one or both testes not descending fully into the scrotum or the opening not developing at the tip of the penis (hypospadia).
- Later in life MRS disorders appear more generally as low sperm counts, infertility or cancer of the testes or prostate.
- The prostate is just under the bladder and is responsible for making the semen.
- It is around the size of a golf ball.
- During ejaculation the muscles which surround the prostate and penis contract which pushes the semen out of the penis.
- Many boys and men are concerned about the size of their penis.
- Size is not an indication of fertility or virility.
- An average adult non-erect penis is around 9.5 cm or 3.75 inches although there are many variances to this measurement.
Go to the following pages for more information on the human reproductive system:
Female Reproductive System
Womens Reproductive Health
Return from Male Reproductive System to Human Reproductive System.