The Cardiovascular System
- The cardiovascular system is the body’s blood transporting network of arteries, veins and vessels.
- It is responsible for carrying oxygen and vital nutrients to all parts of the body and removes harmful waste products from tissues.
- The heart pumps blood through arteries and smaller vessels to all parts of the body.
- The blood returns to the heart through veins.
- The pulmonary arteries are the only arterial vessels that transport deoxygenated blood.
- Blood makes a full circuit of the body in about one minute.
Click here for 8 superb human body system pictures!
- At the core of this system is the heart .
- It is about the size of a grapefruit and located to the left of the centre chest.
- It needs a generous supply of oxygen which is supplied by the large supply of blood.
- Blood that flows through the heart cannot supply it with oxygen and nutrients - so it has its own network of blood vessels called the coronary system.
"Discover Natural Methods For Dramatically Reducing Blood Pressure That Are Helping Fellow Sufferers All Over The World..."
To read about how the heart works and to see a diagram of the heart
To find out about the symptoms of heart disease